Monday, November 02, 2009

So glad that Halloween is over!

Unfortunately, procrastinating is one of my greatest talents. I called my mom at 9:00 AM on Halloween and said, "I need a bat costume by 5:00".

I told her my plans, and with her reassurance that I could do it, I spent half of the day hand-sewing bat wings onto a black sweatshirt.

I hate Halloween.

Trunk or treat is the best thing that ever happened. You get the whole thing over with in 20 minutes flat.

The boys did good this year. They finally understand the concept of choosing the chocolate over the suckers and smarties, and my waistline is going to prove it.

Brayden loved his bat costume:
Caleb and Dillon were easy. Caleb wore white sweats that we already had, and his clone helmet. Dillon chose to be "Super Dillon" once again, and that was fine with me.
I counted last night, and Dillon has eight pieces of candy left. I have no idea how many he started with, but I gave out well over 150. No wonder he was so "sweet" at bedtime...

3 comments:

Sandra said...

If it wasn't for hand-me-downs my kids wouldn't have had costumes. I actually found one at DI for four bucks. I need to post their pics. Great job on the bat wings! Oh the pumpkins are cute too!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That bat costume rocketh! Good job. :)

Becky G said...

I'm so glad Halloween is over too! I had Emily's costume ready early but then I had to deal with it being all over the house for a week before Halloween! I just want it all put away!