Our beloved tree "B", 11, passed away on November 23, 2009 of a broken stand, following a 10 year battle with EndomyTREEosis.
She was born in 1998, at General Foam Plastics in Norfolk, Virginia. At a young age, she was shipped to Wal-Mart and placed on the very top shelf. She sold for $20, and spent 11 good years with our family.
Though she was only 6 feet tall, she was proud to be a Rocky Mountain Fir. She fought in the Toddler Wars of '01-'06, receiving a gold star for her bravery.
Tree "B" was flame retardent and made in the USA.
She was preceeded in death by every other Tree "B" sold at Wal-Mart in 1998. A closed box viewing will be held this afternoon, followed by burial in the storage room. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of M.T. Graves mortuary.
In January, following the after-Christmas-sales, she will undergo a stand-transplant and hopefully be ressurrected.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Graves Children Christmas fund.
The family would like to thank Brian Farm store for giving us their Black Friday sale price on Tree "C" a few days early, so that we could find closure with the mess that is currently in our livingroom.






13 comments:
We would like to leave our somber condolences for your recent loss, but we can't stop chuckling!!
My thoughts are with your family at this time of loss. Would it be an inappropriate time to solicit your services as the most amazing obituary writer EVER?! (Hopefully they won't be needed anytime soon...but I'm a planner!)
I've been looking at our vaulted ceilings and feeling a little sad for my '05 Tree B. I'm afraid it will be just a little pathetic looking against our giant walls. But there's nothing otherwise wrong with the tree so I can't justify a replacement (not that I could afford the size of replacement I want).
I'm thinking I might put it on top of a giant box, to give it a little height and to keep ornaments out of the reach of little fingers.
Sorry for your loss. :)
We send our condolences for tree B. I remember it in its prime. Rest in peace!
Felicia, seriously... there has to be some way for you to make money with your writing. HAS TO BE. You and my friend Carol are the only ones who regularly make me laugh out loud with your blogs. I'm putting my thinking cap on...
You, my friend, are hilarious! Our tree B expired in the fire of 2000, but am so glad that yours had a long happy life.
And I can't wait to see tree "C".
Too funny!
I'm honored to be a part of this hard time in your lives. Give me a call as soon as you feel up to it and we will make arrangments... If there is any thing else we can do, please, feel free to call.
Michael T. Graves
M.T. Graves Mortuary, you stab 'em, we'll slab 'em!
This is the best post EVER!
:o)
Ahh, poor B tree. I remember B in his prime, right next to the gingerbread man nuggets.... those were the good ol' days.
MT Graves...ha ha ha ha! You are the most cleaver person ever!
LOL Felicia you crack me up!!! I love it. So sorry to hear about your tree but Yaaa for tree "c" :)
this is the funniest thing I have ever read! I just love you and find myself very behind in my friend blogs-sorry.
Post a Comment