Thursday, August 16, 2007

Best of Show


I quilted this quilt that won "Best of Show" in our county fair. It's really not my style, but it was fun to use the variegated thread. The lady who made it is planning to give it to her sister who doesn't like ANY color. She gave me a $35 tip for this one :o)


My quilts all got blue ribbon's except for the bug jar, which got a red. I was disappointed that my bug jar quilt (that I made from start to finish in 3 days) was displayed hanging up so you could see the whole thing, and my basket quilt (which took me 2 1/2 years) was folded up, and sitting on a table with the worst basket showing. I was tempted to ask if I could switch the two quilts, but it doesn't really matter. My name is on the Best of Show quilt, and really all I wanted was the advertising.

No comments: