Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Going...going...GONE!
It took Caleb all of 10 minutes to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels last night. Here he is with Dad chasing him, and cruising up and down the street with Brayden.
It's so nice to live on a street that isn't busy. We have rush hour from 7:58 'til 8:01 AM when all five employees are hurrying to work at Garkane (the power plant) that's two buildings South of our house. Throughout the day, a few Garkane trucks will drive by, but they're on the clock--so they're not in any hurry. On Monday the garbage truck comes--the kids love that. The rest of the time it's pretty much open for bike riding.
We did have a funeral procession come by yesterday...that was exciting.
Labels:
Caleb,
small town
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Okay, I need all the hints you guys have on how to help Ethan learn to ride his bike without training wheels. We haven't tried it yet...I'm too scared of him getting hurt! :)
I did feel bad for him the other day though. He said to me, "Mom, I'm a little nervous that the other kids at school will tease me when I ride my bike to school because I still have training wheels." Talk about breaking a mom's heart!
Yeah for Caleb! Sounds like he was ready to rock and roll and just waiting for the chance. Tell him congrats for me.
Loving your small town stories. The rush hour thing from 7:58 til 8:01 is funny!
Any tips would be great for the bike thing. Billie is more concerned about how she looks riding the bike than keeping the darn thing up. :-)
Post a Comment