I finally finished my quilt for the fair! This was an hand-appliqued block exchange that I did with my quilt guild in Logan 2 1/2 years ago. Every person made 12 of the same appliqued basket, and then we all traded to get one from everyone.
It was quite an experience. When Dillon was born, I was madly sewing three-dimensional flowers in the hospital because they were due that week. Then, when Mom came to stay to "help with the baby" we made flowers....and more flowers. Mine is the tan basket with the yellow daffodil (I added that for the fair--nobody else's had that flower), and the pink and blue rusched flowers.
I quilted it last week. It took 10 bobbins of thread (that's a heck of a lot for a quilt that's 67" square), and if I were to do it again I'd quilt it differently. Oh well, at least it's finished!
This is the first time (and last) that I've ever done (or will do) a scalloped edge. I think it took me 1 1/2 hours just to sew the binding onto the quilt, and then I stayed up 'til 1:30 AM to finish the hand-binding.






2 comments:
I think your quilt block is the prettiest :)
This quilt is just amazing! You are so talented! I am very glad that I had you quilt that little spring quilt block exchange we did here a few years back, it's fun to look at all your work when I get it out to display with my spring decor. Everyone who sees it comments on how awesome it is. :)
I love the pictures of the "Felicia Fair" too. You had some fun stuff to show!
Post a Comment