Monday, August 27, 2007

Wahoo! It's harvest time!

I went outside to check on the garden this morning, and before I knew it, Dillon was outside wearing one of Brayden's cowboy boots, one of Caleb's cowboy boots, and carrying a couple of plastic containers to collect vegetables. It was very cute. He had to tromp through the wet weeds (that are taller than he is) to get to the garden. He helped me pick our first green beans, our first red potatoes, and our first carrot.
Does anyone need any summer squash?

The apple that Dillon is pointing to is not from our tree, but the apples on our tree will be ready any day now (as long as it doesn't freeze) and we can't wait. It's a good thing I didn't let Todd cut that branch off :o)

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congrats on your veggies! Good luck on your apples and if you figure out how to do applesauce, let me know...

Mindy said...

Beautiful veggies! And I love how they look against your countertop!

Mindy said...

Just so you know...Melinda is me, Mindy Smith! :) I changed it because I didn't want my last name showing up on things...it used to say Smith Family.

mommymelb said...

Oh I have some great recipes for summer squash and zucchini, (like a cobbler that my husband declared was the best dessert I had ever made until I told him it was zucchini instead of apple, yeah I should have kept my mouth shut!) Anyway I'll find them and e-mail them to you!

Anonymous said...

When mommymelb emails those recipes to you, forward them to me!

Congrats on the garden, I'm so jealous!