Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The "Felicia fair"

I've been working like crazy to finish my basket quilt to enter it into the county fair so I'd at least have one thing with my name on it to advertise my business.
While I was at the post office this morning, my visiting teaching partner (who happens to be on the fair board) caught me and asked me to bring whatever I could find because there weren't enough entries to fill up the room. So, I went home and scrounged up a bunch of stuff.
Luckily, the rules state that anything can be entered, regardless of when it was made, as long as it has never been in the Wayne County fair before.

Spring Needlepunch


Bug Jar quilt that I made four years ago, but
I finally sewed the beads and buttons on (for eyes) today!
The quilting in the border is supposed to be
fly swatters--it's not my best work.
There's supposed to be a spider web behind the spider,
but I was new to quilting and thought it would be easier to stitch
the web AFTER the quilt was quilted. I was wrong.


"For These I Give Thanks"
I think I started this one while I was pregnant with Caleb (5 1/2 years ago)
and finished it to display for a Relief Society function about four years ago.


Thirties table topper
I made this one with scraps from a client's quilt
after she had me sew her binding.
(I don't usually keep their scraps--
they always want to keep them :o)



Dillon's field quilt
This one is not for judging, but for show.
I thought the people of Wayne county would get a kick out of it.
I have more fabric to make one to sell, but by the time I
add up the cost of the fabric and my time to quilt and bind it,
nobody in their right mind would pay what it's worth.

I also entered a stitchery pillow that I gave to my neighbor
for her birthday, but I don't have a picture of it.

1 comment:

mommymelb said...

You have such beautiful stuff. It's the Davis County fair here this week, and I entered some stuff too. Granted I didn't get pictures up on my blog yet...

Good luck I want to see pictures of all your ribbons!