
Our little friend, Alyssa (21 mos), was just diagnosed with Neuroblastoma, a rare cancer of the nervous system that mainly affects children.
Her mom is one of "the girls" who I walk with in the mornings. Her dad works with Todd at the ranch, her brother is one of Caleb's good friends from school, her aunt is my visiting teacher, and her grandma belongs to my quilt guild. We are heartbroken for this good family who has had their world turned upside down this week.
My friend Vanessa, and I made a quilt f
or her yesterday and today and it turned out cute and oh so snuggly, so I thought I'd share the pictures. Vanessa is also making a small hanging stitchery pillow that says, "Little Princess" to hang in her hospital room.Please remember this family in your prayers. The extent of the cancer is still unknown, but the doctors seem hopeful for children under 2, so we are going on faith that things will turn out well.






2 comments:
Oh I am so sorry for your friends. I'll keep them in my prayers.
Your quilt is adorable. How fun to get together with a friend and quilt the day away!
That blankie is so beautiful, good work. And my prayers go out for Alyssa & her family. :)
Post a Comment