
Our little friend, Alyssa, passed away this weekend.
She was a newborn when we moved here, and I met her right away at our little park group. We called her "Miss 'lyss" and it was so fun to see her each week and "gush" over whatever cute little girly outfit she had on. She was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in March of this year, and has undergone 5 or 6 rounds of chemo, and a major surgery in the past 5 1/2 months. She left behind three older brothers, and an older sister who is 11.
Her family came to our ward today, and I was able to give her mom a hug, and cry with her for a brief moment. Our ward was so crowded, that we had to sit on chairs in the gym and listen to sacrament meeting. Alyssa's family sat on the row behind us. My heart ached for them every time I saw a little blonde girl at the drinking fountain during the meeting. There were SO many. I couldn't help but wonder why they could all smile and twirl around in their little skirts....when Alyssa can't. I know she's happier where she is, and she's free of pain, and I know her family will get through this, but it's been so hard to watch.
Thank you for all your prayers in her behalf. Her family feels that support.






3 comments:
So sad!! I'll be praying for them.
My heart breaks at stories like this, what a beautiful girl!
Felicia, I was visiting my parents in Koosharem this weekend. My brother knows this family and has kept my parents updated also. What a heart breaking thing to happen. I actually remember Lori from highschool (we were rivals) and what a neat family she has. My thoughts and prayers are with them also.
Post a Comment