Thursday, August 28, 2008

Let the Felt Food Fetish begin...

The "felt food craze" on etsy has nearly passed me by...because let's face it...What would I do with fake felt food? But I found out today that MY SISTER IS HAVING A BABY GIRL! And everything has changed. Now, if the mood moves me, I may just start making a few of these tasty looking treats. Wouldn't they be adorable in my little neice's room?

Okay, so I actually already have quite a few neices, but it just dawned on me today that I could make felt food even though I only have boys. Wahoo!











Don't these things look good enough to eat?


I also spent the better part of my afternoon looking at girly quilt patterns and fabric online. I'm gonna have to buy some pink thread...

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

I had no idea what you were talking about on the phone today (actually, I was envisioning the felt fried egg you made umpteen years ago...). These are SO STINKIN' CUTE! How did I ever survive my childhood without them?

We should get together and have a felt-food making party. :0)

Kristi Rowley said...

Those look so cool! Very intimidating for me to make though!

Lexi said...

Maybe if I had some of those around I wouldn't be so tempted to eat for real and I could/would be a skinny girl. :-) Those are so cool!

Cami said...

I want some... I did make some felt cookies once with bead sprinkles. Those are amazing. Aaron and Mari told me that their eye are dreaming and they want to eat them.
Question? How did you make fried ice cream? We tried to make it at our friend's house last week. It didn't turn out like we had hoped. It looked scary, but taseted great. We want to try again, but I was hoping for some pointers.

Sandra said...

Thats too tempting for me. I would want to eat them! Thats pretty cool how real they look.

Tina said...

That's all felt? Impressive. They do look good enough to eat!

Anonymous said...

how cute are you? you are my creative inspiration! i want to be involved in any felt food party you and char have!

The Mann Clann said...

Maybe my butt wouldn't be the size it is if those were the kind of bakery products around my house! I love them!!!

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

Very interesting. What DON'T people come up with now a day's. What will they think up next?

mommymelb said...

I want to come to the felt food party too! They are so cute. And if you find patterns,(or make them yourself, I know you!) Let me know, I'm not that creative!

Mindy said...

I love them! Felicia, I think YOU need a baby girl too... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)