Saturday, August 09, 2008

Out with the gold...

My neighbors are moving.
They had a garage sale to "lighten their load".
They were selling their sofa and loveseat for a killer deal.
I had to hold myself back from doing cartwheels as we
loaded "old goldie" here to the dump to make a little extra room.

Then we moved the couch and recliner from our
livingroom to the basement to make room for my finds.
Now here is my testimonial for microfiber couches:

I had heard about how easy they were to clean, but I was
still a bit nervous buying this sofa set because my neighbor
let her kids eat on them and although they were in great
condition otherwise....they were covered in stains.

I called the furniture store that is an hour away (before the purchase)
and asked how to clean a microfiber couch.
They lady assured me that they are "naturally stain-resistant"
and all I would need to do is use a little dish soap,
diluted in a bucket of water, and wipe the entire cushion
down with a rag. After it dries, you take a nylon
scrubbie brush, and brush over the surface to get the texture back.
I cleaned one cushion first, to compare it to the one next to it,
and this is what I got:


She was right! I couldn't believe how easy this was to clean. And
now that I know it worked, I am very happy with my find!

This is definitely the way to go with kids!
The two ends of the sofa recline, but not the middle
(that's why it's uneven)

8 comments:

Lexi said...

We had a silly putty meets laptop incident where the silly putty won. I had melted purple silly putty on my microfiber ottoman. The cleaning company that came was able to get it completely clean. Made me a believer! Congrats on your new find!

Mindy said...

Poor old goldie! ;) I've heard about the wonders of microfiber couches! Glad you got one!

Rachel Holloway said...

Hooray for your great find! GEESH! I need a find like that! :) Glad you are happy with them...might have to try me a microfiber couch next time! (if we ever get new furniture...ever....)

Trina said...

I love microfiber! It is amazing. Glad you found such a great deal. We need new furniture too. We have one loveseat that now has holes in it... I am excited for the day when we can get a real living room set. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow, have I told you lately that you are my home-improvement hero? Those before and after pics are like night and day. You Rocketh!

Sandra said...

I have heard a lot about Microfiber but Kevin really would like Leather couches. Who knows when that will happen. Congrats on your find! LOL on missing Ol' Goldie

Nicole said...

I love your new couches. I would love to get a new one. I'm so sick of my plaid one, but it works and is still in pretty decent shape. I love the rug in your family room.

Tina said...

Impressive. I've also heard many profess their love for microfiber... glad to hear its worth all the hype. Congrats on the find too!