
"Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Have your MP3 player ready with some good tunes. Clear a spot on your table, and then invite a friend over. Pick a couple of projects out of your UFO pile (un-finished objects). Make sure you have a Nintendo, a PSP, a computer with Internet access, a timer, and lots of snacks for the kids. Set the timer for 30 minute intervals so your kids can rotate from one video game to the next all day long. Keep the youngest one happy with bags of dry cereal.
When you sew, make yourself as comfortable as possible. Pajama pants or sweats are good. Keep a little bag of CHALKOLATE near you to satisfy your craving at intervals. Have your hair in a ponytail because it's faster. If a visitor drops in, invite them to stay and "play". If your husband comes home to make himself a chili/cheese quesadilla for lunch, order a couple more for you and your friend. If you're hungry, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should. When it's time for dinner, order a pizza and feed the kids on paper plates (since all the dishes are dirty)."
(Yes, this is a true story...it happened the week before last. Except for the MP3 player being ready...it's still full of Todd's "twang". Thanks, Todd, for the quesadilla's. Thank you Vanessa for the bag of chocolate. And thank HEAVEN, for video games)






7 comments:
LOL!! I love both versions. You need to copy these over to apron girls!
I can't stop giggling about putting lipstick on before you sew. Teehehheheheheh.
I can't believe that would actually be in a manual. To say to have all your other chores done and look pretty HA HA HA. I do have to say I like your version better. Especially the chocolate!
so THAT's where i left my chocolate! i bet todd ate it all too. dang it! thank heavens for electronics and paper plates!
Amen, sister! If only I lived closer. My little girls are all to familiar with the Wii.
My rules for sewing...Call Joyce or Veda, relax, pick it up when it's done!
I like the way things are nowadays. I couldn't always make myself presentable just to do house work, or sewing :)
Post a Comment