~making pillows
A few weeks ago I got this new quilt and shams from Wal-Mart. Todd thinks I'm a "fake" because I'm a machine quilter, yet I bought our bed quilt from the store. But, I fell in love with the print, and there's NO WAY I could've made it for the price I paid. Even if I quilted it for free :o).
It was a little plain so I made fake euro pillows (they're 12"x28") that sit atop the pillows we sleep on. Then I made the roly pillow (a.k.a "the tampon"). The sides of it look black in the picture, but they are really a yummy chocolate brown. The floral one is just a pillow form wrapped in fabric because I got tired of making piping. I'll finish it...eventually. Any idea's for paint color on the walls and my $8 DI headboard? So far I have one vote for tan on the walls. (The carpet is brown, and the curtains are aqua and brown.)

~making a wreath
I had this berry garland with rusty stars that I've never liked as much as I thought I would when I bought it, so I turned it into a wreath for the centerpiece on my trunk. Brayden declared, "It's looking a little January-ish in here..."
~making a "winter" arrangementI took the snowflakes and berries off my Christmas tree, and stuck them in this tin container that I bought last summer and haven't ever known what to do with.
~bought a new lamp
We can't have overhead lighting in our livingroom because the heat is in the ceiling. (ridiculous, I know). The ambience is nice on occasion, but most of the time the dim room drives us crazy. This little baby takes a 150 watt bulb. While I was trying to be creative by re-decorating with stuff I have in my house, I came upon this black wooden plate with stars (that I had planned to re-paint) and stuck it under the lamp.
~making a quilt
Vanessa and I sewed up a storm on New Year's Eve and Day. I made my bed pillows, as well as this little non-valentine's Valentine quilt. I wanted something to look winter/valentine-ish but could be left out year round if the mood moves me...so, this quilt was born. Now the question is: Where will I put it?

~Adding a little "love" to the room
My willow tree has sprouted hearts...made from FIMO baking clay. Mom, remember when you bought me that pack of clay my sophomore year of high school? Well, it's still soft! I guess you could call this our "love fern" :o)
You'd better hurry home, Todd, or your laptop is going to have wallpaper with Jason Bateman on it...
We can't have overhead lighting in our livingroom because the heat is in the ceiling. (ridiculous, I know). The ambience is nice on occasion, but most of the time the dim room drives us crazy. This little baby takes a 150 watt bulb. While I was trying to be creative by re-decorating with stuff I have in my house, I came upon this black wooden plate with stars (that I had planned to re-paint) and stuck it under the lamp.
~making a quilt
Vanessa and I sewed up a storm on New Year's Eve and Day. I made my bed pillows, as well as this little non-valentine's Valentine quilt. I wanted something to look winter/valentine-ish but could be left out year round if the mood moves me...so, this quilt was born. Now the question is: Where will I put it?

~Adding a little "love" to the room
My willow tree has sprouted hearts...made from FIMO baking clay. Mom, remember when you bought me that pack of clay my sophomore year of high school? Well, it's still soft! I guess you could call this our "love fern" :o)
~making wooden sugar cookies
I printed off some free digital scrapbooking paper, and mod-podged it to these wooden hearts before spraying them with glitter...such fun.
~more decorating
I found these adorable fake cherries at the DI and stuck them in this little wooden bowl...and now I don't know where to put the bowl. They're probably a bit more summery, but I thought they were cute for Valentine's day too.

~signed for Todd's valentine's day gift
...and birthday, and father's day, and anniversary, and Christmas, and...
You'd better hurry home, Todd, or your laptop is going to have wallpaper with Jason Bateman on it...And last of all, I've been...
~avoiding laundry.










6 comments:
I love it all!!! I know where you could put your "Valentine's" quilt... my house! :)
The faux sugar cookies are a great idea!
Jason Bateman? What happened to Brendan Fraiser?
I think now-a-days I'd have to go with jason Bateman too...
YOu are so creative! I am definately going to have to make those wooden cookies. I did some hodge-podge with the girls for valentines last year and loved the ease of not having paint all over.
ah you made the sugar cookies with out me? i thought we had a plan f! and you lied to me and said you didn't get anything done! :)
V-
I said I didn't get anything done TODAY...I made the sugar cookies on Saturday.
Oh, and I'm going to need more (smaller ones) so we can still do them together.
Post a Comment