Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A trip to the circus

We took the kids to the circus tonight. Todd was so excited to take them,
but commented afterward that "it's not quite the same as when I was a kid..."

The boys all loved the THREE motorcycle riders in this ball at the same time.
These poodles were a lot of fun, and got a lot of laughs out of the kids.
They danced, rode scooters, and jumped through hoops.
I liked the elephants best.

Brayden's favorite animal is a tiger, so he was thrilled to see these guys!
They jumped through fire, and pretended to be disobedient (all part of the act).
Afterwards we took the kids to Denny's, where we discovered that
kids eat free on Tuesday nights...PERFECT!

5 comments:

Cathy Brian said...

I wondered if it would be worth it to take the kids and go. Looks like it probably was, and we missed it.Sighh.......story of my life. (teasing)

girlsmama said...

Looks like a great family evening! I'm hoping everyone kept their dinner down. :)

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I've never been to a circus...so I hope when I finally go, I get to have that "Little kid excitement" I can't believe I've made it 25 years and never been to one...gee I've been deprived!

Felicia, I wanted to tell you that I am always checking out your blog, and some of your posts are so touching, they make my eyes tear up. I am so glad I got to know you better almost three years ago...(Can you believe it was that long ago??)

Dedra said...

Hi Felicia, I've met you a couple of times, I'm Dedra, Wendi's Sister. I actually found your blog by playing my favorite game, 'leap blog'. Not sure which site I found you on, I think Apron Girls, but I LOVE your blog!

I think I've read it all in the past week, and we have a lot in common. I too live in a small town. It's not as small as yours, but it is in the middle of Kansas, of all places.

Your library book post is especially close to my heart. About a year ago, I was at the library with my kids and I wouldn't let them check out as many books as they wanted. The librarian overheard me telling them they had too many books on their library shelf. 5 Months later when I was at the grocery store, that same librarian asked me to go home and check and see if I needed to return any books from my library shelf. I ended up returning them along with a check for over 28 dollars. Ahhh, small towns livin.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I comment every now and again. I promise no more books! Take Care.

Kellee said...

I remember thinking the same as Todd. I went to a circus when I was 5 and thought it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Then years later taking Karoline and Chris, I kept thinking...this is it?