"Mom! Dillon threw-up!"
A murm'ring word escaped my tongue.
Seriously. I have done ENOUGH laundry this week. But, after making Dillon a "snuggle bed" on my bedroom floor, I proceeded to rinse his sheets, pillow, and blanket in the bathtub before washing them for the third time in a little over a week. Then I cleaned the tub. Then I cleaned his bed (which has a wagon wheel with spokes...way too many spokes). Then I cleaned the wall. Then I couldn't sleep. I was afraid that if I went to sleep, I would immediately be awoken to clean up more bodily fluids. (I haven't even told y'all about the night I spent cleaning diarrhea off the bathroom floor every hour through the night...)
Dillon had the gall to wake up this morning and say, "Mom, I didn't really throw-up in the night." As if it were all a dream...
I hesitate to say it out loud, but I *think* that this was just a one time thing. When I returned from picking up his brothers from school yesterday, I found an open bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips sitting on a barstool next to the cupboard. Apparently, he ate a good portion of the bag himself. Too bad I have to be punished for his sin...
*addenDUMB: I just told Todd about the empty bag of chocolate chips, and he admitted that HE got them out of the cupboard yesterday...so yeah, the award is MINE.
**I should mention that everyone got the "bug" except me. Caleb was sick last Monday, Brayden on Tuesday, Dillon on Wednesday and Thursday, Todd on Thursday and Friday, Brayden AGAIN on Friday night, and then Dillon AGAIN on Monday night. I kept Brayden home from school this morning (Wed.) because of a stomach ache, but when he started playing video games, I hauled him off to school. Todd still can't eat anything...it was a very short bug (12 hours) but getting over it and actually feeling normal is taking days.
***I spoke too soon. On Wednesday night, Dillon had diarrhea. It included the usual: taking a bath in the middle of the night, and soaking a bunch of poopy bedding, pj's, underwear, etc. This was the first night since he's been potty-trained that I let him sleep in underwear, rather than a pull-up.






5 comments:
Oh, Felicia, will it ever end?? I am so sorry you've had to be on puke and poop patrol for so long. I think my kids have stomachs of steel... Cooper ate EIGHTY Tums the other day and just had mild stomach cramps for a couple of days. Don't ask why he'd eat that many tums.. I have no idea. He's weird. (Poison Control said he'd be okay. I'm surprised they haven't taken our kids away yet.)
hey i'm so sorry that your whole entire family is pooping and puking! we sure missed you this weekend. i'm thinking that getting you and v in the same place at the same time is an impossible feat! hope everyone is feeling better!
what was your murm'ring word?
Yuck...sorry. So is it just you and Braydon that hasn't had the bug?
Oh, no. Brayden had it too. It's just me that got away :o)
Same thing happened in October. Everyone else got it, but me.
I felt slightly "under the weather" for a few days, but nothing to keep me from going about my normal "mom duties". I guess I'll be grateful for that.
Post a Comment