Wednesday, January 07, 2009

new calling


When I gave birth to my third son, I knew this calling was inevitable...I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

I have been called as a den leader over Brayden's scout group, den, troop, pack, or whatever it's called. I'm still not sure.

I also have yet to sew any of the patches onto Brayden's scout shirt, since I'm not exactly sure where they go.

I guess I will need to learn fast.

10 comments:

Violadiva said...

ohh...I can't decide if you need sympathy or congratulations. Whichever it is, you've got it from me!

girlsmama said...

I'm a scouter. Nine years and counting. And I have four girls. In fact I'm over your district for a training! Want to spend a week with me in August?

It's challenging, it's fun, you'll either love it or hate it. I choose to love it. Most of the time. You will be great at it! You can flex all those ECE muscles as a den leader in the pack. :) I definitely say CONGRATULATIONS!

Mindy said...

My condolences. At least they waited until you had a boy in there... I was caught early. ;)

Really, though, the boys are a delight, and they LOVE it, which makes it worthwhile. The part that freaks the heck out of me is going to round table meetings. Those people are insane. ;)

Anita said...

For a while I counted my life in the number of pine wood derbies, rain-gutter regata's and space derbies I had left....and I had the blessing of spacing my 3 boys out so I enjoyed 9 full years of cub scouts!
Oh the inhumanity.

girlsmama said...

I guess I'm an odd ball. And I'm on roundtable staff. Mindy is scared of me. Hehehehe. I still think you'll enjoy it.

mommymelb said...

Congratulations! You will be wonderful at this! I have faith in you! :)

mommymelb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V and Co. said...

well i'll congratulate you on the 26th of january when nate moves on to the next poor woman to fluster.

Jo-Anne said...

Hot glue works great to stick those 'ol badges on.....
Have fun. I bet you look beautiful in that yellow shirt. (they still have yellow shirts, right???) :):):)

Jo-Anne said...

Hot glue works great to stick those 'ol badges on.....
Have fun. I bet you look beautiful in that yellow shirt. (they still have yellow shirts, right???) :):):)