Monday, January 25, 2010

Amazing

I think in the past I have taken this process for granted, but this time, I just can't get over the miracle of this baby growing inside me.

I had my appointment on Saturday, and to my surprise, the doctor did another ultrasound. I certainly wasn't going to complain! Everything looked good. The baby was squirming around, and the boys got to see it. I wish I had a picture of the boys' faces. They were grinning from ear to ear, and afterwards Dillon said, "Our baby waved at us".

Six Weeks:

Eight Weeks:
Eleven Weeks:


The baby is supposed to double in length this week. It's just amazing to me that a few weeks ago we had a "blob of cells" and now we have a baby with fingers, toes, a beating heart, and the ability to move around and even swallow.

Birth is truly a miracle.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is a miracle! Just knowing how delicate that life is makes you realize it a lot more.

Unknown said...

It is quite an amazing thing! I have had a few more ultra sounds with this baby as well and it just amazed me to see the changes from week 6 through 10. i saw huge differences every time. I felt so lucky to see the growth and changes in such short periods of time. I love it. I am glad you are starting to feel better, but I to know the feeling of waking up and not feeling sick. That happened this time around and we are still in good shape but the anxiety of getting that ultra sound could not come fast enough, although I did go not expecting to hear anything. I am so grateful for the movement and gagging and swelling and cravings! I didn't appreciate them with my other 3 pregnancies like I do this time;) Hang in there! Good Luck with the food situation!!

Leila said...

Those pictures are amazing. Blurry blob, blurry blob, and then baby! That cutie has hands, feet, and everything! I love ultrasound pictures.

Becky G said...

What a neat experience for your boys. You didn't have to take a picture...I could just see the look on their faces! Thanks for posting the ultra-sound pics. It really is amazing!

Cathy Brian said...

Wow! No greater miracle. (she's) beautiful!

tania said...

so so so happy for you guys.

Shanda Call said...

I am so happy for you that things are going well! We are praying for you!

Marci said...

yay! that is so awesome..i'm sooo excited for you.