Saturday, January 02, 2010

Grateful for morning sickness

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments. It really means a lot to feel your support. It is hard to let myself get excited, but I've learned that having hope shows faith. I am 8 weeks along now, and I go on Monday for our second ultrasound.

I have been a lot more sick this time, and I am grateful for it, because it is reassuring. Todd keeps saying, "I'm sorry you're sick, and even more sorry that I'm happy about it".

We are due on August 15th, but my doctor has already said he'll start me at 39 weeks because I live so far away. (The closest OB/GYN is over 2 hours away, so I'm planning to deliver in Cedar)

The boys all want a sister, but they've agreed that if it's a boy we'll keep him anyway.

I didn't get Christmas cards out this year, but I loved hearing from so many of you, and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. We spent the week at my parents house with all of my siblings. Even though I didn't feel too great, it was fun to be with them.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry your not feeling well, hopefully in a month you won't be as sick. It usually tapers off right? That's what I've heard. Congrats on your new nephew! I'm excited to find out if your having a girl or not. The boys really do outnumber girls wow.

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you're feeling sick... I know the comfort that brings, as odd as that sounds. :) I'm secretly hoping for a girl too.

girlsmama said...

I totally understand how you can be grateful hunched over the toilet bowl puking your brains out. I've knelt there too. I'm so so happy for you! Here's to more puking. Mine lasts the whole 9 months. I hope yours doesn't.

Jen O said...

Congrats, Felicia. At least the sickness is letting you know there are good things happening with Baby. We were in town for Christmas at my parents', so sorry I missed you. Looking forward to seeing Baby when I'm back in town for the retreat in September. Stay well and get some rest.

mommymelb said...

I've sure been wondering about you! I'm so sad/glad you're sick too!

And I'm hoping for a girl for you too...but I have to let you know you do a darn good job at raising the boys! :)

Good luck on Monday, let me know how it goes!

Kellee said...

We're due on the exact same date!!

I was sick for a few weeks until I started taking my multivitamin at night just before bed. That helped. Plus...have you heard about taking one B6 vitamin and 1/2 of a Unisom? You can take them every 6 hours. That really helps too. After about a week, the sleepiness wears off. At night before bed, you can take 2 B6's and 1 whole Unisom. I talked to my doctor and pharmacist and they both agreed it's good to take. If you've tried all that and you're still sick...I'm sorry! Good luck.

V and Co. said...

here's to hoping its a girl...because we are planning on throwing you a huge par-tay and if it's a girl we can be ridiculous in the amounts of things we get you. if it's a boy we will still be ridiculous but not as much...but don't you worry we'll still par-tay.
just saying you better get some sleep now so you can be rested up for the big day...you know your baby shower day. ;)