Saturday, January 16, 2010

Three little monkeys...

Dillon's latest injury: He and "his boys" were jumping on the trampoline when he bumped his head and needed 3 staples. He was super brave, even though it hurt a little when the doctor took them out.

It got me thinking about raising little boys, and all the injuries/illnesses we've had in the past 9 years. We've been through:

stitches (4 times)
glue (between nostrils)
staples (once)
broken arm (two casts because one got wet)
broken elbow (this one required an x-ray every week while the cast was on)
x-rays (too many to count)
RSV (required oxygen and a nebulizer)
Croup (required oxygen and a nebulizer)
IV for dehydration
ear infections (way too many to count)
poison control calls (three)
911 calls for ambulance (tw0)
seizures (too many to count)
EEG
trip to Primary Children's
throw-ups (way WAY too many to count)
OCD
Pinworms (twice)
asthma
pulmonary tests
allergies
cavities (at least 10)

And this is just off the top of my head. I was about to write that we've never had pink eye...but I know better than that.

3 comments:

mommymelb said...

I can tell you don't have little girls because you don't have our family favorite on the list: UTI's!!! :)

But your list is way longer than mine! You're a great mom to take care of all of that!

Mindy said...

Oh dear! Poor Dillon! Boys are fun, aren't they?

Sandra said...

Ouch... I'm glad he was brave, cute kid. Wow I have five kids and I don't think I've gone through near as many things as you....you win :)