Dillon wanted a Hot Wheels birthday this year. Here are the boys coloring Hot Wheels pictures while we wait for the Grandparents to be ready to "Skype" with the webcam so they could watch him open his presents.

I had planned to borrow a horseshoe cake pan and put two cakes together to make a racetrack, but when my friend with the pan wasn't answering her phone all morning, I ended up ordering this cake from the grocery store. It cost more than the present we gave Dillon, but it was nice to not have to make a cake (I despise making birthday cakes). Plus, I hate all the thick nasty frosting they put on them at the bakery, so I wasn't even tempted to eat it and "waste" the calories :o)

We were supposed to have a mini-pinewood derby or a demolition derby (in a rubbermaid container full of dirt) to "win" the trophy and medals, but between Scouts, Basketball practice, and homework there wasn't any time for games. Dillon was thrilled with his trophy anyway. I had it made at a trophy shop and it only took 15 minutes and $6. Totally worth it to see the joy a five year old gets from a shiny piece of plastic. I also got a Hot Wheels movie from Netflix that we didn't have time to watch, so Dillon watched it the next day.
Caleb made this poster for Dillon. If you look closely, it says "Your Hot Dillon" in flames. I thought it was funny.
Grandma Graves got all my super boys a Superman shirt and they LOVE them. Todd's is faded on purpose ('cause I like it that way and I got to choose it). They'll come in handy at my
Superman party in May :o).

The birthday boy blowing out the candles:

I can't believe my baby is five.
1 comment:
I love Superman, too. If I didn't think your boys would revolt and defile my name, I'd send you my copy of Season 5 so you don't have to wait for Netflix....but maybe it's better to space it out. I've been known to hibernate with Tom Welling for days on end....
Post a Comment