A few weeks ago, my friends Julie and Vanessa came to my rescue when they spent a couple hours helping me clean my house, and take down the Christmas stuff. Thanks girls!
It took me another week before I got to the Spring "stuff", but I decorated my hutch for Spring and it makes me smile...even when there's a snowy blizzard outside.
My sweet MIL gave me a gift certificate to Tai Pan for Christmas, and I had a great time wandering the store while Todd and the boys watched movies in the van and took a trip to Lowe's.
Among other things, I got the cloche that is holding my pie bird, and the fake wheat grass that I put in one of Todd's empty bonsai pots. Every year I try to grow grass in a pot for an Easter decoration, and every year it comes in too thin and sparse.
I made the cloth napkins in the mugs, the carrot sitting next to the pitcher, and the toile napkin under the pitcher bowl. The egg shaped jar came from DI.
The picture is of Brayden when he was a baby. Since he's dressed in a bunny ear hat, and sitting in a basket, I pulled it out and stuck it in my green frame that I've had for years.
The green polka dot plates are MELAMINE from Target. They were 2.50 a piece and I couldn't resist. I wish I'd gotten two more 'cause you can't tell they're melamine until you pick them up, and I think the bottom shelf could use a couple :o)
They're not pictured, but last week I found some green porcelain egg cups at the grocery store for $1 a piece and I am thrilled about them as well. Who knew that egg cups could make a girl so happy?
I am in the process of finishing a green and white polka dot table topper (with appliqued bunnies that are multiplying as we speak) to sit under my bouquet of hydrangea's and lilacs (also from Tai Pan). I'll post pictures if I get it done this season...but with our basement room-finishing project in full force, it's not looking too promising.
Goodness. I can drone on about decorating forever...but I can't help it. I just love changing things out for the seasons. Happy Spring everyone!






No comments:
Post a Comment