I hate mudding. It's like decorating the biggest damn cake on the planet, and we all know how I feel about decorating cakes.
Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some "before and after pictures"...but for now you get the "during" pics.
Let's begin the tour:
This stairway has been completely nasty since the day we moved in (and probably for at least 25 years before that). The walls were covered in dirty handprints that wouldn't wash off, and cobwebs that I couldn't reach--even with a broom. Todd primed it this week and I tell ya it's just amazing. I like to stand and stare at the clean walls in all my spare time. It's the little things in life...This is the family room:
We are hoping to texture the ceilings tonight and do the last layer of mud on the walls tomorrow. We got a temporary storage unit to store all the big stuff while we remodel, but everything else has been shoved into the bathroom, storage room, quilting room, kitchen, and our master bedroom. I'm feeling very claustrophobic and CANNOT WAIT to get my house back in order.
We are hoping to texture the ceilings tonight and do the last layer of mud on the walls tomorrow. We got a temporary storage unit to store all the big stuff while we remodel, but everything else has been shoved into the bathroom, storage room, quilting room, kitchen, and our master bedroom. I'm feeling very claustrophobic and CANNOT WAIT to get my house back in order.I found a coffee table at DI that I think will be perfect for the family room (I love the big baskets underneath)...but it's sure in the way right now.
This is Brayden and Caleb's future room. That wooden chair [frame] has been mighty *helpful* throughout the process. I'm sure glad it's still kickin' around. *sarcasmHave I mentioned I can't wait until this project is done?










4 comments:
I love your photo commentary...keep up the good work!
Fun! We're slowly working on our basement too...I almost wish we had a deadline, because I think my craft stuff is going to be in boxes for the rest of my life!
I love it! You guys are working hard and I can't wait to see it in April - whether it's done or not!
I feel your pain, it took my husband 8 years to finish our basement, well 7 to keep starting, and 1 to actually work on it every night till it was done. I'm pretty sure sheetrock dust is harmful to the baby, darn, guess he'll have to do that nasty job by himself.
Post a Comment