Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Happy Birthday Todd!

Todd's birthday was yesterday, and I'm not gonna mince words. It was a flop. Luckily, he took it like a man.

Since we didn't take any pictures, I'm including this picture that shows what a fun Dad he is.

Our day started by discovering that there was a crack across the ENTIRE windshield of Todd's truck. After that, we discovered that Swimmy (one of Caleb's fish) passed on. Oh, and did I mention that there was no school? The poor guy didn't even get to enjoy some peace and quiet on his day off.

We spent the entire day mudding and taping sheetrock, and then when we realized we would need more corner tape and the local hardware store wouldn't get any in until Thursday, I made a "quick" trip to Home Depot (an hour away) to get more.

Todd and the boys stayed home, since Todd's friend was going to come help him tile around the stove, but we think he forgot because he didn't show up. I got home in time to throw some frozen Taquito's in the oven and open a can of applesauce for dinner. Wal-Mart only had carrot cakes left, which wouldn't do for Todd, so he didn't even get a cake. I DID manage to give him a cake MIX, but it's not quite the same.

Thank heavens our Netflix arrived, so after the kids went to bed we watched three episodes of Smallville, which turned out to be the highlight of the day.

Did I mention that it was also my brother's birthday? Happy Birthday Ben! I heard that his wife made him homemade stuffed shells, and triple chocolate cake with chocolate chips. I think we'll have to spend Todd's next birthday in CA with them...

Todd, I promise I'll make it up to you. You deserve it. Thank you for all the work you've done on our basement. It means so much to our family. Thank you for stepping up and doing the housework and laundry while I've been sick, and sleeping with 42 pillows on our bed. Thank you for playing monopoly with the boys yesterday, and for teaching them important things like how to light fires, and what it means to "pull your finger". They adore you...and so do I.

2 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

Felicia, thanks for your comment. I remember you posting that post. I reread it and it describes so much what I am going through. Now I just need to turn things around and be more positive. I too am at the point where I fear we are stuck here. You are an inspiration to me. I like to read your blog just to get strength from you. Thanks for sharing. How is your pregnancy going? I think of you often and hope things are good for you.

Sandra said...

I'm sure just being with his family made for a great birthday! Happy be-lated birthday Todd.