Last week I went to my six week postpartum check-up.
I was lying on the table, holding onto my beloved sheet, when Dr. Heath started coming at me with the "duck bill" tool.
As he got closer he said, "Do you mind if we take a picture today?"
I must have had a puzzled look because there was a moment of silence before he continued "...of you, me, and the baby?"
And I replied, in a relieved voice, "I wasn't sure what you wanted a picture of!"
I received a copy of the picture in the mail today:
As I look at it I can't help but be grateful for technology. For my thyroid medicine that I think may have prevented another miscarriage. For a vehicle that allowed me to travel 2 1/2 hours away to deliver with an OB/GYN. For the blood tests that monitored my platelet count. For the knowledge that a low-fat diet would ease my gall bladder trouble. For the ultrasound that showed me that faint heartbeat at six weeks along. For the epidural that allowed me to rest so I didn't have to begin this new journey completely exhausted. And for a webcam, a laptop, and wireless internet that allowed us to introduce our boys to their new baby brother from miles away.
An elderly couple in my ward recently saw me with Justin and asked, "What have you got there?"
And I replied, "I've got a miracle."
And I truly believe it.







3 comments:
*tears*
Beautiful....you, your miracle baby, this post...it's all beautiful. <3
Absolutely! Miracles have not ceased but instead, come when we recognize the Hand of the Lord. And then we see that His tender mercies surround us! I love your expressions of faith!!! Indeed, they melt my heart!
ha ha a picture of what? Looks like nice doctor. Your better than me. I'm awful the last time I went to a six week check up was with Danika. I remember he just checked me and said things look fine. I could have told him that so I decided I didn't need to attend another one of those :) Your little Miracle is adorable.
Post a Comment