Tuesday, September 07, 2010

My baby goes to school

Dillon has been the youngest for so long that I'm having a hard time not calling him "my baby" or "my youngest". Now he's "my third" which reminds me of the "nerdy thirdy".
(When he was young, Todd wrote a family award winning* paper for school about his younger brother, entitled "The Nerdy Thirdy")

Anyway, my Dilly Rob started kindergarten today and I'm trying to figure out when he got so big! He is in afternoon kindergarten, but that didn't stop him from putting on his backpack on at 8 AM and wearing it until school started.
Here's his new outfit, with big boy Nike shoes that I'll have to teach him how to tie.
And the thing he was most excited about...
Walking home with his boys!

*family award winning: a term used to describe "legendary" family stories.

7 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Too cute! His freckles are the best. :)

Cathy Brian said...

I Loved how excited he was about walking home with "his boys"

Rachel Holloway said...

That is seriously the cutest picture ever... :) makes me happy...

Sandra said...

He is the cutest little red headed boy I've ever seen. I bet he just loves to be one of the big kids and walk home with his bros.

bevanmission said...

Love Dilly Rob's combed hair! He looks soooo grown-up! And that smile of confidence definitely will melt hearts!

Violadiva said...

I think the shorts + untucked plaid shirt + sneakers combo is like a Junior version of Todd and the likeness is uncanny! Maybe he should be barefoot to be more authentic.

Marci said...

crumb. i'm so mad that you can't come. i really want to see you but i really really want to see that oh so cute baby boy!! the rest of them are pretty darn cute too.;D