Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A blustery day

This was my first attempt at a picture of the wind we're having today:
It is hard to take a picture of wind :o)
I grew up in a place that had an occasional strong wind gust.
Then I went to college in a place that had a lot of windy days
(or I thought it was wind).
But today folks, I've experienced wind. This "wizard-of-oz-like, rip off your screen door, knock you on your bottom tempest" hasn't stopped for a second since it started at 9:15 this morning.
But, after some careful thought,
I figured out how to get a better shot of the wind:

I'm pretty sure a couple of our bike helmets are in Denver by now...

6 comments:

V and Co. said...

yeah...nothing like small town wind, there's nothing in it's way to stop it, you can actually see the dirt and sand "travleing" down your street! pretty sure if i didn't hold kyle's hand that he'd be in denver with your helmets!

Becky G said...

It's been pretty windy here but not that bad! I've seen a couple of moving boxes fly across the neighbors yards but that is it. We are going to have to have our van in the shop too - The drivers side vents blows hot air when the AC is on..... go figure - I called the guy at Ensign and he said, he can't imagine what would make it do that - this will be a mystery :)

mommymelb said...

That is just one more thing in Loa that reminds me of Mud Lake! How's your trampoline holding up. My dad went on a few power calls when we lived in ML, where the trampoline blew up into the powerlines and caused an outage...I should probably stake ours down huh!

Charlotte said...

Lovely picture of the wind. :0) We had some pretty nasty gusts on Monday- the knock you on your bottom kind. Well, at least they knocked Sam on his bottom.

Mindy said...

We had some pretty good wind here yesterday too. It blew over our ladder, our yard looks like a dump, and I watched dirt blow down the road all day. I love your picture of wind! (The one with you in it.)

smdc said...

Sounds like the winds we experienced blew from Reno down to you guys. And here I thought it was just because we were on vacation!