Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The day keeps getting better...

This is our new Honda Odyssey that we got at the beginning of this year. We love it. I made it to Vernal (5 hours away) on 1/3 tank of gas because it has an engine that shuts down 3 cylinders when you're on a freeway or a flat road. I also love the bum warmers in the seats, the dual side temperature controls, the MP3 jack, and the DVD player with CORDLESS headphones that keeps our kids ever so pleasant on long drives. Did I mention that we love this van?


Today Todd was on his way home from the clinic (he's got a sinus infection), driving behind a truck full of hay bales, when one fell off and took a big bite out of our bumper :o(
This day really isn't turning out so great. At least he's okay, though. Todd wonders what would've happened if he'd been in the truck--it's so high off the ground he thinks he may have run over the bale and rolled, rather than just hitting it. It's unusual for him to take the van, but it's probably for the best in this case.
It's the second time we'll have to have it in the shop. Back in January, I ran over a razor blade while taking Caleb to school and had to have the tire patched. Not a good track record so far.

3 comments:

V and Co. said...

or you could be like your friend and actually have you back hatch fixed and within months back into her garbage cans at a rather fast speed (she was late!) just to have the SAME dent in the back but on the opposite side. yeah, uh no jake doesnt know about it yet!

mommymelb said...

The poor van.... :( but I am glad Todd is okay.
I want your van too. My bum freezes without the warmers!

Mindy said...

I like your van too... very comfy! :) Get well soon, nice van!