I despise cake decorating. My brother thought this cake would be easy...but I'm here to prove that just because I can do freehand sewing on a quilt, does not mean that I can frost a cake. What a mell-of-a-hess. The whole cake fell to pieces when I tried to dump it out of the pan. Luckily, Caleb was thrilled with the red, white, and blue cake mix (Optimus Prime colors). It's a good thing our grocery store still had one on the shelf from last July...

3 comments:
I can frost a cake, but I wish I could freehand sew on a quilt. I think that would be a much better talent to take to heaven with me...(and decorate my house with!)
Your cake is cute, I'm sure Caleb loved it! Wonderful Memories
i think the cake is awesome. My mom made special cakes every year for my birthday. Don't tell her I ever said this but most of them were really quite ugly now that I look back at the pictures. The Little Mermaid really didn't look like Ariel but it didn't matter to me! I thought they were the best thing ever because my mom did it just for me. Trust me, Caleb will always think that is a cool cake! You are an awesome mom!
i think the cake looks awesome! good job f! that's better than the "plain" iced cake i did for my boys!
Post a Comment