Monday, September 01, 2008

Dillon rules the roost...

A few weeks ago, when we were doing some school shopping, Dillon reached out of the cart and grabbed some watercolor paints. I told him he could have them if he did his jobs and paid me two tokens for them. He was so excited he clung to those watercolors all through the store.
We got home late, but Dillon still wouldn't go to bed. He just stared at his watercolors until almost 11:00 PM.

The next morning, he got up before I did, and when I walked into the kitchen he was already painting.



I said, "Dillon! You were supposed to do your jobs to earn those paints."
And then he "shined" up his freckles, batted his eyes, and said:

"But I wanted to paint a nice pitchoe foe you!"
And I melted. And he continued to paint without doing any of his jobs.


And this is just a cute picture of him playing in the sprinkler.
We love our Dillon!

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

Too cute:0) I'd have melted, too.

mommymelb said...

What a cutie. I would have let him paint still too...

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Baby Brother always gets his way around here too. :)

Mindy said...

I would've given in too... those freckles! Those eyes! That look! Cooper gets really spoiled too. ;)

Sandra said...

Man they know how to get their way.... those darn cute looks. They win me over too!

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

What a cute face! Boy he has grown up!

Anonymous said...

he is cute. your pictures depicted the moment perfectly!

Jo-Anne said...

What's that the experts say about choosing our battles???
He is a cutie, that's for sure!!

Lexi said...

I would have let him paint too! How can you say no to a face like that?

Kellee said...

Don't you love it when they make you melt? He's very cute!