Those of you who follow my blog, probably remember that I've been thinking a lot lately. I feel like there is something I need to be doing, but I'm not sure what it is. I've felt lost, directionless, and like I can't find my purpose. It sounds silly, since I have many years left of rasing my children, but that's how I feel. I was talking to Todd about it the other day, and I told him, "I just feel like something is missing, but I don't know what it is."
A couple days later, I asked the bishop if I could be set apart for my new calling in cub scouts. I've been doing the job for a couple months, but had completely forgotten to be set apart.
On Sunday afternoon, we went into his office, and one of his counselors gave the blessing. I was first set apart to be a cub scout leader/primary worker, and he blessed me with the things I would need to fulfill that calling. Then he paused, and out of nowhere he said, "I bless you that you will find what it is that is missing in your life."
I immediately started to cry. Brother Petty, who gave the blessing, has no idea what I've been thinking about lately. I know that those words came from a Heavenly Father who knows me, loves me, and has a plan for me. I know that the priesthood is God's power on Earth.
I've pondered a lot about what people of other faith's believe. I realize that some of the doctrines of the LDS church may sound ridiculous to some. It truly "passes all my understanding" how it can all be true, and yet...I know it is. I know it because I have studied the doctrines, prayed to my Heavenly Father, and I have felt it in my heart. I cannot deny what I feel.
**I downloaded this song by Cherie Call from ldsaudio.com on Sunday night, and I thought it fit perfectly.






7 comments:
What an amazing experience! He truly does love and care for each of us, doesn't He?
Love this! Thanks for sharing.
What a beautiful song. Cool experience too. I know our Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us. Thats funny about Dillon. I can totally see Luke doing stuff like that. I hope they can figure out what is making you dizzy. Do you get sick to your stomach when you get dizzy?
Beautiful post. I've had similar experiences with priesthood blessings from men who didn't know my personal situation. Hope you find your direction soon. I've been directionless a few times myself.
I just love you Felicia. You have so much faith, and you are such a great person! I hope you do find "What is missing" I ask myself that a lot lately...feeling like something is missing.
That is so Awesome!
Thank you for sharing. I love this song. Who knew blog stalking could bring peace and the spirit into my heart.
Post a Comment