Saturday, March 07, 2009

What a coincidence...



Remember when I said that running into doors and getting stitches runs in our family?

We were just leaving ToysRus in Orem (yeah, three hours from home) when Caleb and Dillon decided to fight over who got to get into the van first. Caleb was pulling on Dillon's shirt, and then suddenly let go...I'm sure you get the picture. He hit his forehead on the van door and popped it open.

I called my friend V, who used to live in Provo, and she gave us directions to the hospital, where we spent our next two hours.

The triage nurse AND the doctor both thought they were going to have to use anesthesia to put Dillon to sleep, but I asked them to please try to stitch him up without it because I didn't want to stay overnight. They tried it, and Dillon did AWESOME! He didn't budge. The nurses and doctor were amazed, and I was SO grateful. A trip to the ER is going to cost enough already.

Dillon's "battle wound" is exactly the same as Brayden's, just on the opposite eyebrow. The doctor gave him 6 stitches, as well as two suckers, a sticker book, an old-maid card game, a bendable toy, a dinosaur ring, and a whistle. He was one happy kid leaving that hospital, and we were one happy family listening to that whistle all the way to our next stop...

5 comments:

Dedra said...

Did you tell him the next time he wanted a load of gifts, there were easier ways to get them?

Mindy said...

Poor little guy! I guess it's cool that he and Brayden will have matching scars. ;)

girlsmama said...

Ouch! You should have asked V for my number and I could have kept the other kids for you! I'm glad he was so brave!

Violadiva said...

what is it with this family and their head injuries!? PM's scar still hasn't completely faded...sometimes I call him Harry Potter to be funny.

Cami said...

Oh dear! When is it Caleb's turn? Dillon is such a big boy to sit there! Way to go Dillon!