I found this blog yesterday http://carolinapanache.blogspot.com/ and I LOVE it!
I have always had a dream of owning different place settings, centerpieces, etc. for all seasons/holidays.
Unfortunately I do not have the money or the space to store it all (probably never will) but oh, how I love a pretty display!
I have always had a dream of owning different place settings, centerpieces, etc. for all seasons/holidays.
Unfortunately I do not have the money or the space to store it all (probably never will) but oh, how I love a pretty display!
This is the kind of stuff that motivates me. If I have a mind to do some re-decorating--even just moving stuff around to a new spot, I can get through the de-cluttering and cleaning so much faster. I call it puttering.
The Art of Puttering: Puttering around the house is one of the most relaxing things you can do. It is not the same as cleaning, working, or keeping house. It is a quiet, unhurried method of doing things at random just to make home a nicer place. Puttering consists of watering plants, moving decorative items on a coffee table, rearranging books, adding doilies in creative ways, replacing the color of your candles or putting out a fresh bouquet of flowers. Updating your photographs and placing them in a different grouping is also puttering. Puttering is a non-pressured way of beautifying your home. You can discover your own creativity while puttering. Puttering is putting things here and there, taking things away, standing back and looking, then determining what is the most pleasing. When you begin to feel tension, take a few minutes just to putter. This is not to be confused with being idle and useless, however, as putterers will tell you. ~Lady Lydia
I *think* I am FINALLY feeling better today. I can still feel a tiny bit of dizziness in my head, but I started an antibiotic yesterday in case of a sinus or ear infection, took a decongestant, spent a couple hours with a rice bag on my face, and I'm hoping that today won't take any more than a couple ibuprofin. I really think I just have a virus, but after a whole week, I figured it can't hurt to try something else.
We've got a friend coming to help Todd with the plumbing in our bathroom downstairs (hooray!) so I'm hoping to clean like a mad woman for the next four hours, trying to rescue my house from the disaster that happens when mom is sick, and then spend my afternoon puttering...or crafting...or sewing.
Happy first day of Spring!! My college "weather and climate" class taught me that the first day of Spring is on the 21st, but my calendar says it's today, so I'm going with that option. I didn't think it would ever get here...






6 comments:
Yay for spring!
Hey, go check out my public blog (www.motherofthewildboys.blogspot.com), I gave you an award!
I am so glad you are feeling better. I had a dizzy spell once from a sinus infection. It was not fun.
Did you get your aprons made? I can't wait to see them. I tried to copy that pattern you showed me for Travis' mom. It turned out cute, but I am sure it would look better if I used the actual pattern. I will have to send you a pic.
you have such a talent for finding and creating beautiful areas all around you. I have always looked up to that in you. I'm sorry I haven't kept up with your blog very well lately but it so nice to have the option to check on you as often as I can!
I wish I was more creative in the decorating department. I seriously need help. I can putter well I think.
Have a fun day puttering!! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)
Oh, great! I actually kwno what I'm talking about when I tell my kids that all I'm going to do is putter around the house. Thanks. Glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment