Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Wreath


I've spent a lot of time online in the past little while, looking for a new wreath for my bedroom. In all my searching, I only really liked three of them...but not the prices.

So, even though I've never been very good at flower arranging, I bought some stuff at Tai Pan last weekend, and went to town with my glue gun just to save some money. I even cut the twigs out of my lilac bush.

I was pretty happy with the finished product until Caleb announced that "it looks like a nest inside a nest". Oh, well. I guess I'll hang a nest on my wall.

Does anyone know what the fruits are? I just liked the color...

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I think it's fab! And so springy! Love it!

haley said...

love it!

Kellee said...

Pomegranite? (sp?) I like the wreath..I mean nest. :)

Cami said...

I love how the wreath turned out! I found a center piece that the nester made. I think I am going to copy it. It is a plate with a candle holder turned upside down and glued in the center, then it has a nest like yours on top of that. She has a glass dome over everything, but I don't have one. I thought the nest fit in with my empty bird house theme in my kitchen.

girlsmama said...

Very cute! It looks professional!

I don't think the fruit are pomegranates. Pomegranates are usually large and deep red. I'd say they resemble kumquats, but they're a little red for that.

mommymelb said...

Beautiful!

I was thinking like Jessica, I thought they were kumquats too.

Do you want to come decorate my house.... :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

As always, wonderful job. :)

The Mann Clann said...

I could spend hours in Tai Pan. Okay, actually I have. I LOVE your wreath!

smdc said...

Nope, not kumquats. I have an entire tree of the nasty stuff in my backyard to prove it.