Thursday, July 08, 2010

Baby update

My printer/scanner is not working (again) so I can't show you our latest ultrasound pics, but I thought I'd post a baby update anyway.

His name is going to be Justin Taggart, which is my grandma's maiden name. As of our 32 week ultrasound, he already had hair, which we are NOT used to. Our babies have always been bald, but the ultrasonographer thinks that if he had hair that early that he'll probably have quite a bit when he's born. Now if we could just see what COLOR it is :o)

I finally made his first quilt, but I still need to bind it. Since I never got around to making Dillon's baby quilt, I'm feeling really good about my progress here.

The blocks are made from a "drunkard's path" template, with a dimensional head and tail sewn into the curved piecing to make a turtle.

It was kind of a pain, but now that it's finished I'm glad I did it :o)
It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but I quilted dragonflies in the border.

After I finished the quilt, I made this stuffed ribbon block using my friend Nicole's tutorial on Moda Bake Shop. Thanks for a great tutorial, Nicole!
I thought it was going to be a pain to make but it was really kind of fun. I almost put a jingle bell inside, but decided against it.

If I make one for your kid, I'll be sure to include the jingle bell :o)


Justin is currently a week to 10 days ahead of schedule in size, except for his head, which is THREE WEEKS ahead. Since two of my babies had big heads, and since my niece just had a CTscan because her head was growing at a faster rate than her body (thankfully everything was fine), we are assuming that all is well and that we will have another baby with extra Salisbury genes. I am now REALLY hoping that he comes early, as I don't want to deliver a 43 week size head, or have a C-section because of it.

My blood platelets were normal at my last check, but I've had four nosebleeds this week, so I'm sure we're going to have to check again. I'm hoping it's just because of the dry utah air.

I have only gained around 15 pounds so far this pregnancy (I even lost a pound this week) and since the baby is a good size, I'm happy about that. Because I started out overweight, my doctor says it is an acceptable amount to gain. I'm sure the low-fat diet has had something to do with it.

Todd's off this week and we've been finishing up projects before the baby comes. I'm hoping to have my bags packed by Sunday, and then I think we'll be ready. Now if I could just get the kids to run around naked for the next few weeks so there's less laundry to keep up on...

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Thats good news! The quilt is beautiful

Cathy Brian said...

Oh, Hey!!! I'm supposed to be starting my major kitchen laundry remodling in one week and I've been really stressing the no laundry room. But you've just solved my problem. We're all gong naked for a month and hopefully things will be back to normal by then or at least close enough to do laundry once more. THANKYOU!!!

Mindy said...

The quilt is darling, love the name, and I'm so incredibly excited for you!!

Cami said...

I am really just hoping this baby has corners..... ;)

bevanmission said...

I remain in awe at the talents gifted in my nieces! Your quilting is fabulous!