Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The final lap

Thank you so much for all of your comments on my last post. I have no doubt that we will be blessed and all will work out, but blogging helps me so much because I can get all my worries out on "paper" and it's easier to move on.

This picture of Lightning McQueen from the "final lap collection" is a good description of how I feel today!

The kids and I took off last Wednesday and spent a few days with my parents while Todd went on a 3 day pack trip (out of cell range) for work.

It was nice to get away, but I forgot that I had to spend my first day home having my weekly doctor's appt. and tests. We left at 8:00 AM and got home at 10:00 last night to a message that Brayden had a dentist appt. this morning, and a reminder that the older boys had scouts. Todd needed a haircut and his truck had to be jumped (it's a brand new battery!) so things have been crazy, and now I'm facing the un-packing from our trip...two days after the fact.

I may just take a nap instead. It's just getting to that point.

Last night I cried
Because after taking a double dose of Prilosec,
AND 4 Tums
I still choked on acid reflux
And coughed so hard I peed
In my last pair of underwear.

It was my last straw.

Bless Todd's heart.

He propped me up with at least 42 pillows
So I could sleep sitting up,
And did laundry in the middle of the night.

Now that's true love right there.

I'm a lucky girl.

According to the ultrasound yesterday, my due date may actually be a week earlier (Aug. 8), which is fine with me as long as the baby is "done cooking". I changed the countdown on my sidebar because I really don't think we'll make it to the 15th. But, if we do, I won't consider myself overdue until then.

The baby's estimated size is currently 6 lb. 11 oz. give or take 13 oz. I really don't want to have an 8 lb. baby because I didn't need stitches the last two times and it makes the recovery so much nicer. Caleb was our biggest at 7 lb. 13 oz.

I've got plenty of housework (it's amazing how it just doesn't stop...) and a few projects to keep me busy so I guess I'll get started.

After my nap, that is...

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Know how you're feeling! I just woke up from a nap myself. I have absolutely zero energy not being able to sleep well at night either. I think my heartburn has been worse the last couple of nights...I've been downing the TUMS myself. I actually tried to count how many I ate yesterday wondering if I had had too many. We're almost done!!

bevanmission said...

Yes, Bless Todd's Heart!!! Amidst all of the yuk it's good to know there are men who understand and do simple and kind things that mean the world! Bless you, too -- An August Baby!! We'll be praying for you!

Sandra said...

That is awesome of Todd to help out. I get a little heartburn with the end of my pregnancies but it's enough, I can't imagine having acid reflux and not being able to sleep. You would think it would be the other way around. You sleep really well before since you won't after the baby is born. Who knows, maybe you'll be in heaven with sleeping more when he arrives. Hugs!