Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pillows

When I made our bed today, I just had to stand back and laugh.

Todd has two pillows.

I have five.
And one more that's not even on the bed.

My gall bladder functions so slowly that it takes me 3-4 times longer than normal to digest. I've figured out that if I sleep sitting up, and NEVER on my right side, I can avoid most attacks.

But poor Todd has to sleep in a bed full of pillows. He HATES beds full of pillows. Have you seen that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond? That's us.

I just thought it should be documented. He's a good man.

We have an air conditioner in our bedroom window for the summer, and it has been a lifesaver. Most nights it's on high, and I sometimes bother to pull up my sheet, but most of the time I go without covers.

Todd sleeps with our bedspread doubled and stays bundled up to keep warm.

Ah, pregnancy.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, how funny! I remember when I was threatening labor with Aubrey in January and they had me on the tributalene it made me SO hot... pregnancy + crazy medicine wasn't a good mix. Brandon's mom came to help me and finally asked me if she could close a window. I was laying there in shorts and a t-shirt, next to an open window in January. I do feel really bad for her... I'm sure she was dying of the cold... in fact I know she must have been for her to even ask me. ;)

Rachel Holloway said...

lol!!! That is SUCH a classic picture... :) What a good sport..

Here's hoping that baby will come soon--I definitely have been thinking of you, knowing it's almost time. :)

mommymelb said...

Are David and Todd the same person? I am tring to sneak in extra pillows and David hates it too! I'm hoping ajustin comes pretty soon and you can get cooled down. :)

How soon will they do your gallbladder surgery after he's born?

Sandra said...

ha ha only a little while longer dealing with it though.

bevanmission said...

Such great humor in the travails of pregnancy!!We want to pray for your early delivery, BUT then we would miss out on more of the flip-side of your wit which warms our hearts!!