
My dear Aunt Hollie just posted this comment on my previous post:
"We want to pray for your early delivery, BUT then we would miss out on more of the flip-side of your wit which warms our hearts."
Perhaps I should put things into perspective, and maybe you will pray for an early delivery for Todd's sake.
I'm trying really hard to find the humor in my situation (can you tell?) because I know that I am truly blessed to be a mother, and to be carrying this baby to term.
But...(or should I say butt?) My rear-end is killing me, and I am convinced that this baby is never coming out. So, if you'll please pray for an early delivery, I promise to do my best to be witty after his arrival.
In my quest to find a reason to smile today, I have prepared a multiple choice pop quiz, to help any men out there who may end up in Todd's position.
(by the way, Todd took the live version, and failed. I hope you do better)
1. When your wife is 37-38 weeks pregnant, and she was up all night having contractions that didn't do anything, and then she couldn't nap in the daytime because of heartburn/reflux, and the pain in her nether quarters causes her to waddle like a duck (at the speed of a snail), and 42 people have recently asked her "How much longer?", and in despair she says to you, "I can't do this for two more weeks." you:
(a) remind her that she doesn't have any choice, and the baby isn't ready yet.
(b) correct her by saying that she actually has three weeks to go, not two.
(c) explain that it's really better if the baby comes on it's due date because it will make things more convenient for you at work.
(d) tell her that she is not rational.
(e) realize that she is not rational, but ignore that fact and gently brush her hair with your hand and tell her you're sorry she is hurting and ask what you can do to help.
I think you can probably figure out the right answer. Just know that if you get it wrong, you may end up hearing a few not-so-choice words.
Seriously. You'd think a therapist would know better...
*For those who are curious...Todd chose all of the above, but didn't get around to (e) until he had first tried a, b, c, and d, and heard a few of those not-so-choice words.






4 comments:
Wow! You are GOOD! This post definitely rates in the top for One Day We'll Laugh About This! I was laughing through every single word! - But, I'm sorry the butt's hurting, but not for my laughing. I'll repent, but not stop chuckling, and WILL really pray for a speedy, but healthy delivery! (PS - Haven't even shown the pop-quiz to the two ever-typical males living in this household because it's a GIVEN that neither of them would get it correct!!)
ha ha...so if he failed which one did he choose?
Praying for your butt relief!! ;)
Totally know what you're going through. I'll send my wishes for a speedy delivery (that sounded like Mr. Rogers) and a healthy baby, and a speedy recovery! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment