Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hurry up and wait.

Ever since I found out I was pregnant, we planned to go to Cedar City a few days before my due date, just to be closer to the hospital.

At my appt. yesterday, The doctor asked if we could do that, and we told him we were planning on it, and asked when we should come.

He said, "Now."

So...after lots of phone calls, three plans formed and two scrapped, and a fair amount of stress, Grandma is on her way (tomorrow) to be here with the kids while Todd and I leave town to "hurry up and wait" in a house next to the hospital.

I am on the induction list for Aug. 9th if I don't go into labor before then. I sure hope (for my Mom's sake now, as well as my own) that it doesn't take that long. I know of two people who shared my due date. Both of them had their babies today.

I can't deny how much more relaxed I feel with this plan in place. Hopefully, Todd and I will get a couple days alone to celebrate our anniversary (a few weeks early), and then we'll go into labor, have this baby, and get home in time to spend a few days with Grandma's help before she has to leave to get her house ready for my cousin's wedding reception.

We're so thankful for all our family and friends who have been willing to jump in and help us out. Thank you Melece, for watching Sam and Livi so Mom can leave earlier than expected (plan C). I'm sorry, Char, that your plans got interrupted because of ours. Thank you Michael and Becky for being willing to drive to Provo to meet Todd (plan A). Thank you Linda for being willing to help us with a rental car (plan A), Thank you Erin and Nate for watching our kids overnight (plan C). Thank you Andrea for being willing to make a special trip to Provo with our kids so Todd wouldn't have to (plan B), and for watching our kids (plan C). Thank you to all of Todd's co-workers who are taking on his students for the next couple of weeks. Thank you Vanessa for the 10:30 AM Dr. Pepper...it was perfect timing. Thanks to all those in the ward who offered to come over in the middle of the night if needed.

And most of all, thanks to my Mom, who has already re-arranged half of her summer for us, and has to drive on the freeway by herself (which is way out of her comfort zone) to be here. I feel so much better knowing that my kids can keep up their regular routine during all this chaos. It is especially helpful for Brayden who thrives on consistency, and Dillon who is already nervous about missing me while I'm gone. I know they'll love having you here.

I told the boys this morning that the house rules were up to Grandma and they needed to do what she says. Dillon replied, "Mom, dwamma mostly says 'yes'."

Lucky boys.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Wooo hooo good luck, I hope everything goes well. Thats so great that your mom will be there to help.

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

yayayayay!! Good luck! We will be praying for you. Sending much love your way!

Charlotte said...

Dwamma usually does say "yes." It's true.

Love you. Sorry I threw an extra loop into the plan but I'm glad Mom's still able to go when you need her.

Can't wait to see Justin!