Sunday, August 08, 2010

10...9...8...

Actually, it's going to be 8/9/10. I'll be induced tomorrow morning at 1:00 AM.

Unless my water decides to break in sacrament meeting today, which would be just my luck.

I never truly believed I would still be "here" today. If I had, I never would've come to Cedar last Thursday like my doctor suggested.

I'm pretty proud of myself, though. I've been more "crazy" about being away from my kids and the fact that my Mom has given up so much of her time, than I have about the actual "still being pregnant". It's not nearly as difficult to be huge and uncomfortable when you don't have housework and kids to take care of!

I really don't want to be induced. I think the pitocin makes the contractions harder on the baby, but at this point there's no way I'm waiting any longer. I've already used up all the time that Mom could help with the baby 'cause by the time we get home, she's got to leave to get her house in order for my cousin's wedding.

Not to mention the fact that I'm tired of paying for our room, and eating out. Although, I gave up my low-fat diet this week because I figured if I had a gall bladder attack it would likely put me into labor. Because of that, I've eaten things I haven't had since before I got pregnant...like the chocolate molten cake from Chili's (and Applebee's), mozzarella sticks, provalone filled meatballs over pasta in "heart attack inducing" white sauce, fries (oh how I love my Heinz ketchup...), an omelet, a Dairy Queen blizzard, a deep fried chimichanga, and I had cheese, bacon, and avacado on my Subway sandwich.

Even with all that fat, I only had a few "stabs" of pain in my gall bladder all week. I'm starting to think that if the test shows it functioning at a decent level after the baby is born, I may try to control it with diet, rather than having surgery in a few weeks. I had to be really careful in the beginning, but the longer I went without fat, the more I was able to occasionally "indulge" without any problem.

Because I started this pregnancy overweight, I had a "goal weight" that I didn't want to go over. I truly didn't think it was possible, but I'm proud to say that at my appt. on Wednesday I was ONE pound under my goal weight. After my provolone/meatball pasta dinner with chocolate molten cake last night, I'm sure I've hit my limit, but I won't be getting weighed again, so the record will show that I made it :o)

I couldn't resist putting this song on my blog. (Vanessa, you can stop laughing now...) Sorry if you all have it in your head for the rest of the day...

5 comments:

bevanmission said...

The Final Countdown IS the perfect touch! What a surprise! I was glee-fully reading of your travails and indulges and out of nowhere, this music started playing and accompanying ALL of your words! Great effect!! Good luck on your delivery! We love you!

Kellee said...

Good luck tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you!

Sandra said...

yaa good luck tomorrow. Did your gall bladder give you trouble at all after eating it?

mommymelb said...

Good luck!!! I am so glad it "finally" is going to happen!

bevanmission said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Just received email photos from your mom! Such a handsome baby boy! Hope you are ok. Sending you lots of love!!!