Thursday, August 19, 2010

Small town karaoke

Since we have a newborn, we haven't been able to participate much in fair week. But, when I found out that Nate (our cousin) was going to enter the karaoke competition, there was no way I was going to miss it!

So last night we bundled up the baby, and headed to the park for some entertainment. I told Nate that I brought my newborn out for this, so it had better be good. He didn't disappoint, and neither did their daughter, Jackie. She was a riot, out dancing on the stage through several performances. Here she is as part of the line dance competition:



And here's her Lady Gaga dance



And here's Nate, doing his Louis Armstrong impression. He took second place and got $75! We're pretty excited to have him here. He's the new music teacher for grades 6-12. School hasn't even started yet, but he's been out recruiting (with cookies) and has already quadrupled the size of our band. :o)



Yes, he did need a glass of water after that...

3 comments:

Cathy Brian said...

WOW!!! I'm so excited I want my boys to love music. He's gonna be good.

Sandra said...

HA HA that is awesome he did a great job!

bevanmission said...

You can see why he's going to be a hit with his students!