Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Here we sit like birds in the wilderness...

...Waiting for the stork to come.

Today is the day that we were thinking of coming to Cedar to stay.

We would've made it.

It's kind of frustrating to have spent the time and money to be here for the past five days, but we're just trying to follow Dr.'s orders.

I hope my Mom is scoring some big points in heaven for her service.

So far we've:

*Eaten at the Japanese steakhouse (Todd's favorite)
*Walked...and walked...and walked
*Rented three Redbox movies
*Made a desperate wish while throwing a penny into a fountain
*Attended a random ward's sacrament meeting
*Jogged (sort of) through the cemetery (not a pretty sight)
*Went to see "Dinner for Shmucks" (can't recommend it)
*Watched "A Baby Story" on the big screen TV (much to Todd's dismay)
*Climbed a 10 foot rocky embankment (still no baby)
*Watched dumb cowboy shows (much to my dismay)
*Found a walking trail and walked some more...
*Visited Tai Pan, a scrapbook store, a stitchery shop, a fabric shop, and an antique mall (Todd's a good man)
*Visited Cal-Ranch, IFA, and Ace Hardware...haven't made it to Home Depot yet.
*Non-G rated stuff...check.
*Tried to look up my Dad's cousin to go visit
*Got a smoothie with echinacea in it (supposedly it can induce labor??)
*Sent a million e-cards to the kids
*Prayer and more prayer

We see the doctor tomorrow, but of course I'm hoping my water breaks first...

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sure it's a pain to play the waiting game but it would be nice to have a getaway with your hubby before the chaos begins. I remember wanting to get things going with my pregnancies. A lot of sites suggested drinking Castor oil, that is one I don't think I'll ever try...ewww. I would go for a shake with echinacea though :) Good luck tomorrow.

Cathy Brian said...

Hang in there!

Violadiva said...

ahh, yes, I was going to recommend the castor oil trick as well. That combined with the uh...non g-rated stuff could have some explosive results.

Lexi said...

My midwife said castor oil only works if you are really really ready to be in labor. I wouldn't chance it. She naturally induced James and he was born 8 hours later... let me know if you get desperate! ;-)

bevanmission said...

Had no idea that there was so much to do in Cedar City! Surely our combined prayers should work better than castor oil! Here's hoping the 4th is the day!

mommymelb said...

Sorry you've been waiting so long! If you're still waiting we saw the movie Inception this weekend and really liked it...and as a bonus I went into labor with Courtney in a movie theatre! I'll cross my fingers for you!

Jen O said...

Praying for a timely and successful delivery for you. I'm actually at Mom and Dad's house right now after a family reunion on Boulder Mtn. Had a blast and thought I'd give you a call but you're not home. Hope you're having your baby right NOW. :-) Will be back in September for Mom's quilt retreat and would love to see you and the babe.