Monday, August 16, 2010

Pushing Pause

I found myself laying awake last night, worried that if I went to sleep I'd miss my baby growing. Hormones will do that to you. It is absolutely unreal to me that he was born a week ago today. The week before he was born seemed more like a month!

So, even though I have ZERO photography knowledge or skills, and I own the crappiest camera on the planet, I tried my best to do a photo shoot with Justin today.

They turned out better than I expected, but Vanessa is coming over tomorrow with her really nice camera, and a lot more photography knowledge/talent, so hopefully we'll get some better pictures. I feel terrible that Dillon's ONLY professional picture was taken when he was 3 mos. old. It's just SO expensive...but now it's too late and I can never go back and get those pictures.

I wish I could just push pause and keep him little.

he was a good sport...for most of the time
I could not get a clear picture of our rings to save my life. It's just one of the reasons I don't like my camera. I have to use the "kids and pets" setting to take a picture of a bowl of fruit.

9 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

He's just so cute! And all that dark hair...he's a keeper. ;)

Unknown said...

He is adorable! I love pictures of the babes, professional or not! His hair is amazing! Oh and I feel the same way with Hayden, I can't seem to put him down. Knowing he is our last I just can't miss anything;) So crazy how time flies!

Kristi Rowley said...

So sweet. The pictures are great!

Charlotte said...

So precious. I'm afraid he'll be huge before I ever get to hold him.

Sandra said...

He is so adorable. I love that hair!

Shell said...

He sure looks like he belongs to you! Congratulations on such a precious little son!

mommymelb said...

He's adorable. I see all of you other boys in him!

I want to see the other pictures you and Vanessa took! :)

bevanmission said...

Great Photos - even with your camera - especially the first one!! It looks like one of those photos with the baby in the flower...can't remember the photographer. (Will have to google it.)

Julia said...

I haven't seen your baby yet... He is so beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! How are you doing?