Caleb told me yesterday that because Justin is so cute, Dillon doesn't think he's cute anymore. Of course I immediately set the record straight:
Me: Dillon, do you know that even though Justin is cute, you're STILL cute too? I just LOVE your red hair and freckles. Do you think Caleb is cute?
Dillon: (smiling) yes.
Me: Do you think Brayden is cute?
Dillon: yes.
Me: Do you think Dad is cute?
Dillon: (laughing) NO!
Me: (taken back) I think Dad is cute. Do you think I'm cute?
Dillon: (after a long pause, and in a high pitched voice) I love you...?
My dad was sustained as 1st counselor in a new Stake Presidency yesterday. They are over the Smithfield Young Single Adult Stake (I think). I know he'll do a great job. I remember my mom telling me, when I was young, that someday Dad would be in a Stake Presidency and visiting authorities would need to stay at our house so we needed to learn to keep it clean. Well, the day is finally here, and lucky for Mom the kids are gone and her house stays clean until we all come to visit. I guess we'll have to stay away if a general authority comes...
Things are crazy at Todd's work. Lot's of changes going on right now. I hope it doesn't take too long for things to settle down. Why is change so hard?
I am feeling good, and I am grateful for it. Post-partum depression is a huge worry for me. It's something I never want to go through again. I really think my thyroid meds have made a world of difference, because I feel more balanced than I have in years. It's just amazing to me what a hormone imbalance can do to you!
I've had my "moments" since the baby was born, but they haven't lasted long. I can't wait 'til my body has recovered enough to start exercising...I don't think I've ever in my life been excited to exercise! I'm sad that I missed out on walking with my friends this summer. I had a really hard time with my lower back all through my pregnancy. My right leg would just "give out" on me and I often had to hold on to things to keep my balance. I thought it would go away when the baby was born, but it didn't right away. It is finally starting to get better, though. Todd keeps reminding me that there is a reason that doctors wait six weeks to do a check-up, and I suppose he's right.
A couple weeks ago there was a night that I thought I was going to have a gall bladder attack, but I didn't. Hopefully I'll be able to control it with diet because I really don't want to have surgery right now. I have instant heartburn every time I roll onto my right side, though, so it's still a concern.
I've been doing research online, looking for a hairstyle that will work with my thin, fine hair, as well as my round face and double chin. I think I found one that qualifies for all three issues...now if I can just find someone to cut it! I followed my cousin Erin's advice by not making any major hair decisions while I was pregnant, but the length is driving me crazy now! Not only does it get in Justin's face every time I feed him, but whenever I put the diaper bag over my shoulder, it catches my hair and when I pull it out it gets all static-y.
It's time for another feeding. If only I could just sit and hold that boy all day long :o)






4 comments:
Oh you'll have to post pictures of your new hair cut when you get it done. I know what you mean about the worry with postpartum. I'm the same way. I worried and worried about it with BriLynn. I wrote myself a letter to read after she was born (but I couldn't find it) I didn't need it though. I think my worrying about it was good because it never came and I wonder if I was preparing myself. Wow I didn't mean to blabber.
Your conversation with Dillon really cracked me up! Seriously laughing out loud. Kids are so funny!
Your dad is a good man... no surprises there. And I can't even imagine your mom's house being anything less than perfectly clean. Ever.
I hate work craziness... I hope things settle down soon.
I can't wait to see this new haircut!!
I'm glad you are doing ok. Your last post cracked me up in a sad-I-know-where-you-are-coming-from-hate-those-days-and-size-2-girls kind of way. :) Take it easy.
Great used to say that all that static was from an 'electric' personality. Think she meant it as a compliment. Anyway, Static Guard has been a necessary staple - even traveling on our mission to Spain where I left some cans in the Temple for the workers.
Post a Comment