Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buttermilk

I just got home from a WIC appt. where I found out that my baby has gained an entire pound in a week.

He's 9 lbs. 1oz. today, and according to the health department computer he's at risk for being overweight.

Apparently I'm producing buttermilk.

Todd and I both noticed that he felt heavier yesterday, but I never expected a whole pound. Sigh.

They grow too fast...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been blessed with the same thing. I see no problem with it! He is so sweet! And who's to say a 3 week old is "over-weight"? That is so dumb;) under weight is one thing but I love it when they have the chubba! keep up the buttermilk!

Marianne said...

You go, girl! That's awesome!

Becky G said...

Yeah, this is going to be your chubby one! Chubby babies are so cute. You should see my nieces legs (Heather and Kerry's little girl) I never knew baby legs could be so chubby! I told you - you had our boy! Our girls we chubby at one time - now they are sticks!

Becky G said...

Sorry, I used that word too many times *chubby*...

Mindy said...

I think I produced straight cream... don't worry what they say... I've always heard you cannot overfeed a breastfed baby. ;) I think they're cute with the chubs and the roly polies.

Mom said...

One of your brothers weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. at birth and 3 weeks later weighed over 9 lbs. 30 years later he's "normal". Don't worry about it :)

Julia said...

Buttermilk? Ive never herd of that before. I thought you just feed newborns when their hungry. I didnt even know that newborns could be overweight. huh.