I told Todd to stay at the house and I'd call if by some miracle they decided to keep me. I was barely dialated past a 1, and having regular 4 min contractions, but they just weren't strong enough. They stopped a little while after I left the hospital.
I had an appt. with my Dr. that afternoon, and he stripped my membranes at noon, and again at 4:00. At my 12:00 appt. I was dialated to 3, but at 4:00 there was no change.
This morning I called my Dr. to ask a medical question (I'll spare you the details) and he told me to go to labor and delivery to be checked again to see if I'd made any progress, but I was still 3 cm. and 50% effaced. I didn't have a single contraction while on the monitor.
We left the hospital and went to St. George for the day, since I've pretty much decided this baby is never coming. Tonight I've had longer and stronger contractions, but they're not regular. At this point, though, I'll take what I can get!
I'm going crazy being away from my kids, and knowing that all my "mom help time" is being taken up now instead of after the baby, but I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for us, and I am grateful for His tender mercies.






6 comments:
Oh My! We're so sorry that you are experiencing one of the longest labors ever! May the Lord bless you to deliver (safely) tonight!!
Oh the agony of waiting! I think of you every day and wonder if today is the day.
I know you must have reasons not to, but at this point have you thought of inducing? I was induced with Cooper (for a couple of reasons) and it was one of the most pleasant labors and deliveries I've ever experienced or heard of... the fact that I can even describe it as "pleasant" has to tell you something. ;)
Sending love, hugs, and contraction wishes!!
I hate waiting! I hope today is the big day! Sending squeezing thoughts your way. Keep smiling, it has to come to an end sometime.
Hang in there. Hopefully this weekend :)
we are praying for you!
Come on Justin!!! I'm so anxious for your mother!
Post a Comment