Monday, October 04, 2010

Conference Favorites

Todd and I were talking last night about our
"Conference favorites". I think we'll make it a tradition to do this. Here are mine:

Favorite talk: It's a toss-up between Pres. Uchtdorf, and Pres. Eyring's talks during the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions. I was also moved by Pres. Monson's talk during the General Relief Society meeting.

Best quote: "At this point some of you may be thinking, that's all very fine and good, but what does this have to do with flying an airplane?"

Best tie: Pres. Uchtdorf wins again with his salmon tie/charcoal suit combo on Sat. morning.

Best hymn: I got chills when I started watching the priesthood session last night, and listened to the MTC choir sing "Hark All Ye Nations". (Use your best speakers and turn 'em up loud)

Theme I noticed: The things that stuck out to me were Obedience, and lots of warning about the evil's of our day.

Great Idea: The new conference website. It is so user-friendly. I can't say enough good about it. Now while I'm feeding the baby it will be so much easier to pick a talk and re-watch it on my laptop. Todd is excited that he can now download the talks as an audio book, so that they can be separate from the music list on his Ipod. My kids love the children's section, and I love that everything was posted so quickly. If you fall asleep during one of the talks (heaven forbid) you can watch it before you forget which one(s) you missed...

Best artwork: What? You missed this part? Todd was able to get tickets and took Brayden and Caleb to the Saturday afternoon session, where Brayden got distracted and drew pictures of the speakers.

What were your favorites? What theme did you notice?

5 comments:

Sandra said...

We were at the Saturday morning session with Danika. She loved it when he said "what does this have to do with airplanes"
The common theme we picked up was following the Prophet. Great artwork!

bevanmission said...

Brayden's Conference Page will surely be a treasure in the years ahead! It's wonderful! Loved your take on Conference!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I had to laugh when Nick said, "They seem to have a theme of coming down hard on video games!" I guess sometimes we hear exactly what we each need to hear. ;)

Becky G said...

I haven't been to the new website. Thank you - now I will! Themes for me were prayer and scripture study. I'm so impressed with Brayden and Caleb going to conference. We were lucky to get our girls to listen to Pres. Monson. I have a lot of work to do before Emily turns eight.

Kellee said...

Those 3 you picked were exactly the same 3 I picked to focus on! Love conference!