Friday, October 15, 2010

Root Canals and Robots

Caleb FINALLY lost one of his front teeth this week! It has been loose since January. The poor kid was not blessed in the teeth department. He was well over a year before he got his first tooth, so now they're late falling out.

His front two teeth started to turn black this summer, and when the dental receptionist showed me his x-rays, I couldn't believe they were still hangin' on because his permanent teeth were right there. The reason his teeth looked dark was because they were actually becoming hollow.
He also has a bottom back tooth that is cracked, and last February it got infected and he had to have a "baby root canal". It really needs to come out, but since the permanent tooth won't be coming in for quite awhile, we're trying to keep it for as long as possible so his teeth won't move and fill in the gap.

On Brayden's birthday he bit into a meatball cupcake and his tooth hurt so much he couldn't finish it. I took him in today, and there was another abcess forming. They said his tooth needed to come out so I gave them permission, but at the last minute, they decided to re-do the "baby root canal" (at no charge).

He was very brave, and I'm glad we caught it before the infection got too bad, because last time he was in a lot more pain.

The dentist gave him a prescription for an antibiotic, and I was excited to realize that I had my camera with me so I could take a picture of these super cute robots that our pharmacist's wife makes. I absolutely love them, and can't wait to make some for Brayden and Caleb's room.
(I'm sure the people at the pharmacy thought I was nuts, but I don't care :o)

I love the wing nut mustache, the arms made of keys, the cute heart charm, and the head made from the Nike golf ball. I hope my mother-in-law will start saving her Altoid tins for me (hint, hint).

3 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Those robots are awesome!

bevanmission said...

Oh my! It seems that all of our great nephews are either ill or suffering from teeth! The trials of our rising generation touch our hearts deeply with compassion! We hope their teeth don't cause any more problems!

Sandra said...

Poor kid thats a lot of dental work to be done. Very cool that they didn't charge you anything either! I think the robots look cool too.