Friday, October 29, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

When Dillon was a baby, I bought some black fleece to make a spider hat.

I finally made it...today. It only took me five years. I started it at 10:15 this morning, and Justin wore it to the costume parade at the elementary school at 11:00 (minus the eyes).
One thing led to another, and before I knew it, I had made a little fleece jacket as well.

I only had to call my mom once. And my friend Marsha once. And Mike at Bernina once. It's been YEARS since I tried to do a buttonhole, and my machine was giving me fits, but I finally got it to work.

I ran out of fleece before I was able to make pants, but luckily Andrea gave me all of her son's baby clothes before she moved, and there were some black sweatpants included. I found some red felt, and...
...sewed an hourglass on his bum!
(I know it's supposed to be on the underside, but I thought it was cuter on his bum)

6 comments:

Dedra said...

Adorable! I agree with the hourglass on his bum. too cute.

Sandra said...

Wow good job. It's a cute outfit.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Who says boys can't play dress-up, eh? :)

bevanmission said...

That's the only spider I've thought was adorable!!

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

So so so precious. Love your meals you made for Halloween! You are the funnest mom ever! I wish I was as talented as you are

Marci said...

oh my gosh that is adorable! and he is adorable!!