Halloween on Saturday is a terrible idea.
Our trunk-or-treat started at 5:00,
which means that we had about 10 hours worth of time to kill today.
So, we filled up the time with work :o).
Todd rented a splitter, and he and the boys split all our wood for the winter.
They were good helpers, and when the work was done
we had a Halloween "linner".
I made this pizza with strips of ham for the web, and olives for spiders.
I wrapped water bottles with adhesive tape and added googly eyes for mummies.
And then I used cheese sticks to make some mini mummy pizza's.
And I added almonds to the breadsticks for "witch fingers".
(In the background you can see me and Todd's "normal" veggie pizza)
After lunch, the boys played while I worked on my blog book. I "slurped it up" with Blurb last week, and it was 800 pages long! I am slowly combining and cutting posts to try to get it down to 400 pages before I have it printed. It's been fun to review the last four years. I can't believe how many incidents I have forgotten--I'm so glad I wrote them down!
After what seemed like an eternity (for kids AND parents)
we FINALLY went trick-or-treating.
Then we came home and had hot chocolate.
Now I think I feel a movie night coming on...






8 comments:
I don't think I could eat that pizza with the spiders.
I posted tonight that I was the coolest mom ever but, once again, I think you've out-done me.
I thought those were plastic/rubber spiders until I read that they were olives- did you come up with that on your own?
I love the boys' costumes. I can't believe how grown up Brayden is looking... wow.
I've said it once, and I'll say it a million more times... you are the best mom ever. (Charlotte comes a close second. ;)
Cute costumes. Love the Pizza. Pizza on Halloween has become tradition here. Although I'm lazy and have them go trick or treating at Papa Murphys for their own little pumpkin pizza. Glad you guys had a great Halloween.
You are the absolute funnest mom!
I don't know how you have time to keep up on your blog, make really cool dinners, and take care of 4 boys! My hat is off to you.
You never cease to amaze me with your creative talents!! I'm in awe!! (But I don't think I could drink hot chocolate with eye balls looking at me!! No matter how much I'm craving the chocolate!! Still - lots of fun!)
Man, Brayden really rocks that molester-stache...
And your creative meal just KILLS me!! I love it.
Post a Comment