My next door neighbor's oven element "exploded" the other day, and even though the fire put itself out, it scared her enough to call the fire dept. just to have them check it out. (She is a single woman)
They sent not one...
Luckily, all is well, and the owner's father-in-law is going to help her put in a new element.
The good news, is that it got me over there to visit. She moved in while I was in the middle of morning sickness with my pregnancy. Todd saw her unloading the U-haul herself and went over to help her move in, and that's the last contact we've had with her.
I went over after the firetrucks left, introduced myself, and asked if she was okay. She was very nice, and mentioned that she had a minor in early childhood education and would be happy to watch my kids sometime if I were comfortable with it.
It's sad to me that it took three firetrucks in her yard to get me to go over and visit. How much of a blessing could we be to a single woman who loves children, and how much of a blessing can she be to a mother with four kids who might like to run an errand once in a while without the whole crew.
It's time I step up and be a better neighbor.






1 comment:
Wow, lesson learned. :)
Post a Comment